About Bupa's Graduates Schemes
As a global health and care company everything we do is driven by our purpose. We want Bupa to be a place where people love to work and are empowered to create great experiences for our customers, while being healthier and happier themselves through working at Bupa.
So if you share our ambition and are equally as passionate about our values and putting customers front and centre, step forward to develop and grow a fantastic finance or actuarial career.
Finance and Governance graduate
On our three-year Finance & Governance Graduate Scheme you’ll build your finance skills across a range of disciplines whilst studying for industry recognised qualifications.
All of this is underpinned by a comprehensive learning and development programme to help shape your careers and turn you into a business leader.
Start your three-year journey to becoming an actuary by developing core actuarial skills. We’ll support you while you do your actuarial exams, giving you the necessary time to prepare and helping you learn, develop and grow on the job.
Finance and Governance placement
Gain a deep and valuable insight into the financial world after your second year at university and give your future career a bright start. No two days are the same during our 12-month placement.
You’ll face a well-balanced mix of challenges, mutual support and accelerated skills development. You’ll also shadow senior colleagues to gain valuable insight and enhance your network.
We’re looking for talented graduates who are motivated, passionate and can thrive in our challenging but friendly environment. Here are some of the qualities we’d expect you to have:
- Curious and inquisitive: You take learning from one situation and apply it to another, challenge the status quo and seek to make things better.
- Collaborative: You build rapport with others and influence
- Self-aware: You’re driven and committed to your own development
- Flexible and adaptable: You can change your style and approach depending on the situation
- Can-do: You have strong problem solving skills, a positive attitude, take the initiative and are always accountable
- Customer obsession: You really listen to our customers to understand their needs and value them.
As a global health and care company, everything we do is driven by our purpose. If you share our ambition and are equally as passionate about our values and putting customers front and centre, we’ll support you every step of the way.
- Working with us: Bupa is a caring and supportive place to work. The schemes have small intakes so we get to know you as individuals and support your development.
- What we offer: The variety and flexibility of our rotations will allow you to experience a wide range of business functions. You’ll do fulfilling and challenging work, with endless opportunities open to you once you finish the scheme.
- Location: Depending on which scheme you enter, you could work with Bupa in London, Manchester, Brighton, Staines or Leeds. Later on there could be opportunities at one of Bupa’s many locations outside the UK.
Bupa’s Graduate and Placement Schemes are very popular. To avoid disappointment, it’s best to apply quickly!
- Finance & Governance and Actuarial Graduate Schemes: 1st Oct – 11th Nov 2018
- Finance & Governance Placement Scheme: 5th Nov 2018 – 6th Jan 2019
Got a question?
If you’ve got a question that hasn’t been answered here, just get in touch. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
What our graduates say about us
Don't just take our word for it. Hear from some of our current Finance placements who have blogged about their experiences so far.
“Bupa’s purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives is the first thing that struck me and is also the first time I felt a feeling of excitement when applying for a placement. Bupa has offered me a variety of opportunities, including meeting and working with members of the Finance and Governance leadership team, and working in an environment where I am encouraged to improve and challenge myself at my own pace.” – Anum Bandey
“Since joining Bupa last year through the undergraduate placement scheme I’ve been involved in a number of projects across the organisation. The nature of the rotational programme has helped me to quickly build knowledge about various corporate functions and responsibilities within the organisation globally.” – Emeka Okafor