Notes to editor
* All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2,130 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 21st - 22nd September 2016. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
About Bupa Global
Bupa Global is the international health insurance arm of Bupa, serving 2 million customers around the world. We provide products and services for globally minded and mobile people who want the most premium coverage and access to the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global employs over 1,800 people and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in Mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Deliciously Ella Mince Pies
- Start by making the mince. Chop the apples into small pieces (discarding the core) and place them into a saucepan
- Slice the vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds into the pan. Then add in all the remaining ingredients and stir it together
- Let the mince simmer for about 30 minutes, until the apples are nice and soft
- While the mince cooks make the crust. Place all the crust ingredients together in a food processor and blend for a minute or so until everything has mixed together and the dates are totally broken down. Then sprinkle flour over a surface and roll the mix out so that it’s about half a cm thick
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil and then mould the mix into the individual tins, once you’ve done this cut the remaining mixture into shapes (I normally do stars), these will go on top of the pies. Then place the tray of crusts in the oven for 8 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown – at which point take them out and allow them to cool while the mince mix finishes cooking
- Once the mince has cooked start assembling the pies. Simply add two heaped teaspoons of mince into each pie before placing a star over the middle of the mince. Bake the pies again for eight minutes
- Once they've baked leave for 20 minutes to cool and finish setting before enjoying!
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders, our customers are our absolute focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We have 16.5m health insurance customers, provide healthcare for 10.6m people in our clinics and hospitals, and look after around 25,000 aged care residents.
We employ around 80,000 people, principally in Australia, the UK, Spain, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Poland, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, India and the USA.
Health insurance is around 70% of our business. In a number of countries we also run clinics, dental centres, hospitals and care homes and villages.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com