Bupa UK will officially open its new Manchester office, Bupa Place this week. To mark the event, we will be sharing the stories of some of our people in Manchester over the week, as well as Bupa UK’s commitment to the local community and the opening event.
Situated on the waterside in Salford Quays, Bupa Place will bring together over 2,000 employees who previously worked across two buildings in the area. The office, which spans six floors, is home for a range of teams including Marketing, Payroll, Property, IT, Sales and Customers Services.
Here are some facts about the new building:
- The building has been rated BREEAM Excellent for its sustainability performance
- Efficient glazing, high-efficiency boilers and lighting controls reduce its carbon impact and energy consumption
- Single-use plastic cups and Styrofoam food containers are no longer being used by the office’s café
- A 5m-high Barringtonia tree runs up through the centre of the building
- The building has been designed to enable flexible working and promote mental wellbeing
- The capacity of all the meeting spaces is enough to accommodate over 30 football teams
- If all the glazing in the building was laid end to end it would extend around 2.9km or 1.8 miles – enough glass to stretch from Bupa Place to Old Trafford Cricket Ground