We began in 1947 in the UK, when 17 provident associations joined together to form Bupa with the purpose of "preventing, relieving and curing sickness and ill health of every kind".
Bupa's purpose is now framed as helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders, we reinvest profits to benefit our current and future customers.
We need to ensure that we are constantly fulfilling this powerful and enduring purpose for our customers, our people and wider society.
Our values are fundamental in shaping the way we behave and deliver for our customers and one another. They are: Accountable, Caring, Courageous, Authentic, Open, Passionate and Extraordinary.
- Accountable - Always responsible. Take ownership. Make it happen.
- Caring - Big-hearted and compassionate. Treat people with respect and kindness. Everyone and everything matters.
- Courageous - Be brave. Dare to try. Speak up.
- Authentic - True to yourself. Genuine and honest. Say what we mean, mean what we say.
- Open - Seek new ideas and other points of view. Share freely. Really listen and understand. Embrace diversity.
- Passionate - Full of energy and inspiration. Love what we do and why we do it. Love our customers.
- Extraordinary - Go above and beyond. Be the best we can dream to be. Deliver outstanding results.
Creating sustainable shared value for our customers, people and communities
Corporate responsibility and sustainability (CRS) is integral to our Five-Year Vision, and reflects our purpose and values. Without shareholders, we have the freedom to think long term and short term.
We’re clear that we need to run a robust and growing business, so our customers, people and communities can depend on us now and in the future. We know that being a responsible business and doing the right thing underpins our long term success.
Our CRS agenda spans five pillars: Customer, People, Responsible Business Conduct, Community, and Environment and Climate Change.