Our business model
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. We fund and provide health and care services to fulfil our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. As a company without shareholders, our profits are reinvested back into our business for the benefit of current and future customers.
We are helping customers fund health and care through domestic and international health insurance, as well as other funding models.
We are providing health and care services through primary care clinics, hospitals, dental centres, and aged care services.
How we are organisedBupa is organised across four Market Units:
Australia and New Zealand
- Bupa Health Insurance, the leading health insurance provider in Australia with more than four million customers, which also offers health insurance for overseas workers and visitors.
- Bupa Health Services, a health provision business which comprises Bupa Dental, Bupa Optical, Bupa Medical Visa Services and Bupa Medical GP Clinics.
- Bupa Aged Care Australia, one of the largest privately-owned residential aged care providers, caring for nearly 7,000 residents across 71 homes.
- Bupa New Zealand, a leading aged care provider caring for over 4,000 people in 61 homes, 34 retirement villages, seven rehabilitation sites and a medical alarm network.
Contact Australia and New Zealand with your feedback and questions.
- Bupa UK Insurance, the leading health insurer with 2.3 million customers.
- Bupa Care Services, caring for people in homes, retirement villages, Richmond Villages and Goldsborough Estates retirement and assisted-living properties.
- Bupa Dental UK, the purchase of Oasis Dental Care completed in February 2017 and we now operate around 420 practices, with over two million dental patients.
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital, a complex care hospital in London providing care for insured, self-pay, NHS and international patients.
- Bupa Health Services, health clinics and wellness centres.
Contact Bupa UK with your feedback and questions.
Europe and Latin America
- Sanitas Seguros, the second largest health insurance provider in Spain with 1.7 million customers. (Including traditional PMI and Oral Health Insurance).
- Sanitas Hospitales and New Services, four private hospitals, 34 private medical clinics and two public-private partnership hospitals in Spain.
- Sanitas Dental, dental insurance and provision through 183 centres and third-party networks in Spain.
- Sanitas Mayores, caring for nearly 6,000 people in 45 care homes and three day care centres in Spain.
- LUX MED, the largest private healthcare business in Poland with eight hospitals and 194 private clinics.
- Bupa Chile, a leading health insurer and provider with three hospitals and 38 medical clinics.
Contact Europe and Latin America with your feedback and questions.
International Markets 1
- Bupa Global, serves 1.5 million international health insurance (IPMI) customers and also administers travel insurance and medical assistance for individuals, small businesses and corporate customers.
- Bupa Arabia, an associate business, in which Bupa has a 34.25% stake; the largest health insurance business in Saudi Arabia.
- Max Bupa, an associate business in India, in which Bupa holds a 49% stake; a leading private health insurer.
- Bupa Hong Kong, a leading private health insurer in Hong Kong.
- Quality HealthCare, a leading private clinic network in Hong Kong.
- Bupa China, our representative office in China.
Contact International Markets with your feedback and questions.
Our global functions are: Medical, People, Information Services & Technology, Finance & Governance, Strategy, Brand & Corporate Affairs and Legal.
Please do contact us with your feedback and questions.
1 On 25 July 2017, we announced the divestment of our Bupa Thailand business to Aetna.