Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
We began in 1947 in the UK, when 17 provident associations joined together to form Bupa with the purpose of "preventing, relieving and curing sickness and ill health of every kind".
Our values are fundamental in shaping the way we behave and deliver for our customers and one another. They are: Passionate, Caring, Open, Authentic, Accountable, Courageous, and Extraordinary.
- Passionate - Full of energy and inspiration. Love what we do and why we do it. Love our customers.
- Caring - Big-hearted and compassionate. Treat people with respect and kindness. Everyone and everything matters.
- Open - Seek new ideas and other points of view. Share freely. Really listen and understand. Embrace diversity.
- Authentic - True to yourself. Genuine and honest. Say what we mean, mean what we say.
- Accountable - Always responsible. Take ownership. Make it happen.
- Courageous - Be brave. Dare to try. Speak up.
- Extraordinary - Go above and beyond. Be the best we can dream to be. Deliver outstanding results.