Our business model
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. We fund and provide health and care services to fulfil our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives . As a company without shareholders, our profits are reinvested back into our business for the benefit of current and future customers.
We are helping customers fund health and care through domestic and international health insurance, as well as other funding models.
We are providing health and care services through primary care clinics, hospitals, dental centres, and aged care services.
How we are organisedBupa is organised across four Market Units:
Australia and New Zealand
- Bupa Health Insurance, the leading health insurance provider in Australia with four million customers32, which also offers health insurance for overseas workers and visitors.
- Bupa Health Services, a health provision business which comprises Bupa Dental, Bupa Optical, Bupa Medical Visa Services, Bupa Medical TeleHealth and Bupa Medical GP Clinics.
- Bupa Aged Care, the largest privately-owned residential aged care provider, caring for nearly 7,00033 residents across 71 homes.
- New Zealand Care Services, a leading aged care provider caring for 4,00034 people in 62 homes, 33 retirement villages, seven rehabilitation sites and a medical alarm network.
Contact Australia and New Zealand with your feedback and questions.
- Bupa UK Insurance, the leading health insurer with 2.4 million customers35.
- Bupa Care Services, caring for 17,40036 people in 279 homes and six Richmond Villages and 21 Goldsborough Estates retirement and assisted-living properties.
- Bupa Health Clinics, wellness centres, health clinics and dental practices.
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital, a complex care hospital in London providing care for insured, self-pay, NHS and international patients.
- Oasis Dental Care37, purchase announced in November 2016.
Contact Bupa UK with your feedback and questions.
Europe and Latin America
- Sanitas Seguros, the second largest health insurance provider in Spain with 1.5 million customers38.
- Sanitas Hospitales and New Services, four private hospitals, 34 private medical clinics and two public-private partnership hospitals in Spain.
- Sanitas Dental, dental insurance and provision through 184 centres and third-party networks in Spain.
- Sanitas Mayores, caring for nearly 5,00039 people in 40 care homes and three day care centres in Spain.
- LUX MED, the largest private healthcare business in Poland with seven hospitals and 186 private clinics.
- Bupa Chile, a leading health insurer and provider with three hospitals and 37 medical clinics.
Contact Europe and Latin America with your feedback and questions.
- Bupa Global, international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance provided worldwide to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers.
- Bupa Arabia, an associate company, in which Bupa has a 26.25% stake; the largest health insurance business in Saudi Arabia.
- Max Bupa, an associate between Bupa and Max India Limited in which Bupa holds a 49% stake; a leading private health insurer.
- Bupa Hong Kong, a leading private health insurer in Hong Kong.
- Quality HealthCare, a leading private clinic network in Hong Kong.
- Bupa Thailand, a leading specialist health insurer.
- Bupa China, our representative office in China.
Contact International Markets with your feedback and questions.
Our global functions are: Medical, People, Information Services & Technology, Finance & Governance, Strategy, Brand & Corporate Affairs and Legal.
Please do contact us with your feedback and questions.
32 Number reflects Australian Health Insurance closing members at the end of the year.
33 Number reflects Australian aged care residents at the end of the year.
34 Number reflects New Zealand aged care residents at the end of the year
35 Number reflects UK Health Funding closing members at the end of the year.
36 Number reflects UK aged care residents at the end of the year.
37 Bupa completed the purchase of Oasis Dental Care on 9 February 2017, subject to UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) approval, with an enterprise value of £835m.
38 Number reflects Sanitas Seguros Health Insurance closing members at the end of the year.
39 Number reflects Spanish aged care residents at the end of the year.