A focus on changing behaviour
Many of the chronic health conditions that blight the lives of individuals and communities are preventable, exacerbated by unhealthy habits including tobacco use, poor diets, alcohol misuse and a sedentary lifestyle.
In 2011, Bupa mapped the global evidence base on behavioural science, to build a simple framework of approaches that work across cultures and challenges. These behavioural insights inform a range of Bupa’s programmes and services.
Bupa’s range of innovative, personalised health coaching programmes empowers people to play an active role in managing their health conditions.
- Giving people the support they need to take ownership of their recovery and future health in Australia with the COACH Program®.
- Saudi Arabia Health Coaching Programme to help people make healthy choices.
Supporting children and families
Investing in healthy habits early helps children avoid future preventable health problems linked to diet and lifestyle. Around the world, Bupa is working in partnership with a range of organisations to pilot cutting edge education health and lifestyle behaviour change programmes in schools and communities.
- Supporting a new approach to teaching physical education to 4-7 year olds in the UK with Youth Sport Trust.
- Supporting for a programme to offer Spanish children living with disabilities the chance to improve their quality of life and health through sport.
Start to Move: developing physical Literacy
Strategic Alliance for Inclusive Sport in Spain
Building Powerful Communities
All systems go in Australia
Reaching people through technology
Every year, Bupa supports millions of people through digital health information. Our range of websites and innovative health apps are helping supporting people in their daily lives.
- Bupa Latin America have created the Life E-volution Facebook application that calculates an individual’s carbon footprint and offers advice on the small changes that can have a big impact on both their health and environment.
- Working in partnership with Carers UK and MEND, Bupa has launched the Carewell online community and supporting handbook to help carers to make positive changes to their lifestyles, so they are able to continue to provide care for their loved ones.
Carewell: Helping carers to have more energy to care
Health Promise with Max Bupa
Brainy App: Giving your mind a workout
Supporting carers in New Zealand
Employee health and wellbeing
Bupa's aim is not only a healthcare partner to our customers, we want to be a healthcare partner to our own people too.
- B-Fit in New Zealand helps our employees make healthy lifestyle choices.
- In Spain, Sanitas Smile is a programme aimed at promoting behavioural change among employees towards healthier lifestyle.