Max India Limited, a major multi-business corporation with expertise in life
and care, and Bupa, an international healthcare company, today announced the launch of Max Bupa Health Insurance, a new health insurer for India. The company will start operations in six key cities: Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Pune.
Max Bupa also unveiled its first product Heartbeat Health Insurance. 'Heartbeat' is a comprehensive individual and family-focused health insurance product designed to help customers care for their health proactively at every stage of their lives.
Max Bupa's Heartbeat Health Insurance is a totally new and innovative approach to health insurance in India. Heartbeat covers whole families - from newborns to senior citizens of any age - marking a significant milestone in the health insurance industry. Max Bupa's Heartbeat Health Insurance, which is available in three levels (platinum, gold and silver) provides cover for expenses including in-patient treatment, pre- and post-hospitalization, maternity and childcare benefits. It also provides access to health managers and regular health checkups. With an aim to drive a strong and direct relationship with its customers, Max Bupa will service its customers' claims directly, without third party administrators.
Speaking at the launch of Max Bupa Health Insurance, Analjit Singh, Chairman, Max India said: "Our entry into health insurance is a logical extension of our focus on the businesses of life. At Max India Group, service excellence is the key driver for all our businesses and in this new venture we aim to replicate this proposition. Through this partnership with Bupa which has international expertise in creating and delivering differentiated health insurance solutions, we are confident we will raise the bar for health insurance in India. Our customers will benefit due to our experience and understanding of the Life Insurance and
Ray King, Chief Executive, Bupa Group said: "Our innovative Indian health insurance and wellness services focus on the customer. Bupa believes that our success depends on providing access to high quality healthcare. We are committed to helping people live longer, healthier and happier lives, and we aim to build lasting relationship with our customers in India to become their healthcare partners for life."
Dr. Damien Marmion, Chief Executive, Max Bupa Health Insurance said: "Max Bupa wants to build a long-term relationship with our customers and their families, and we'll do this by understanding and addressing our customer's needs better than anyone else could. We are looking to become healthcare partners, through regular dialogue with them, and not limiting our relationship with our customers to annual transactions."
Notes to Editors
About Max Bupa Health Insurance
Max Bupa Health Insurance is a 74:26 joint venture between Max India Limited, a $1 billion multi-business corporate with expertise in life and care and Bupa Group, a leading international healthcare provider with over 60 years of healthcare knowledge. Max Bupa brings together a combination of Bupa's global health insurance expertise and customer service expertise with Max India's understanding and experience of the Indian health and insurance sectors. Max Bupa offers quality health insurance services through a dedicate team of over 400 people and its network of offices across six cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Pune. Max Bupa's flagship health insurance product - 'Heartbeat' is an individual and family oriented health insurance cover for Indians across all age groups. Through its philosophy of "Your Health First" Max Bupa's mission is to help customer's live healthier and more successful lives.
- 'Your Health First'
With its unique brand positioning 'Your Health First', Max Bupa strives to help people live healthier, more successful lives. Max Bupa's vision is to become India's most admired health insurer with consumer centricity being the key to delivering high quality and consistent service experience.
- Strong Network of over 375 hospitals
Max Bupa Health Insurance has a direct working relationship with a strong network of 375 top quality hospitals and healthcare providers. Max Bupa will service customers directly without third party
involvement, through an in-house team of relationship managers and also has a 24/7 health line for easy and friendly access to health advice.
- Integrated brand campaign
To reach out to Indian customers and build awareness about their product and service offerings, Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited has rolled out a 360 degree integrated brand awareness campaign. The company plans to use a combination of television, print, digital media and ground level events to drive up awareness for the brand launch, and it's unique product differentiators.
About Max India: A reputation for excellence
The Max India Group brings expertise in Insurance and Healthcare with a strong presence in Life Insurance (Max New York Life Insurance Company Limited), Healthcare (Max Healthcare Institute Ltd.) and Clinical Research (Max Neeman Medical International Limited). A Rs 7,500 crore group, it has over 700 offices across more than 300 locations in India, more than 20,000 employees and 84,000 agents, all focused on delivering value to its 3.5 million customers.
About Bupa: 60 years of healthcare
Bupa is a leading international healthcare provider. Established in 1947, it has over ten million customers in more than 190 countries and employs over 52,000 people around the world. Its main interests are health insurance, care homes for young disabled and older people, workplace health services, health assessments
and chronic disease management services, including health coaching and healthcare services in the home. Bupa's has significant operations around the world including in the UK, Sanitas in Spain, MBF, HBA, Mutual Community in Australia and Health Dialog in the USA. Bupa also has businesses in Hong Kong, Thailand, Saudi Arabia and Latin America. In addition, Bupa Care Services owns care homes in Spain, Australia and New Zealand. Bupa has no shareholders. It reinvests its profits to provide better healthcare for its customers, helping them to live longer, happier, healthier lives.
Max Bupa's Heartbeat Health Insurance - Key Features
- In-patient treatment and hospital accommodation: Medical expenses like doctor's fees, diagnostics procedures, medicines, drugs and consumables, operation theatre charges, ICU, etc. are covered.
- Maternity benefits: Medical expenses for the delivery of a child under family floater policy, after three continuous annual premiums have been paid. (2 year waiting period).
- New born baby: A new born baby is covered by health insurance from birth along with vaccination expenses until the child is one year old, when the customer delivers a baby under the family floater policy.
- All 'Day Care' procedures are covered: Procedures that a customer undergoes as an inpatient in a hospital for a continuous period of less than 24 hours are covered.
- No age limit: Family members across all age groups - from new born babies to senior citizens of any age are insured.
- Family care benefits: The Max Bupa platinum policy covers specified vaccination expenses for children up to 12 years old, along with additional expenses for advice on nutrition and development.
- Health Check-up: The cost of health check-ups by approved providers is covered.
- Pre- and post-hospitalization medical expenses: Medical expenses incurred due to illness up to 30 days immediately before and 60 days immediately after a customer's admission to a hospital.
Some Service differentiators:
- 24/7 health line: To offer access to health advice when customers need it.
- In-house relationship managers. Max Bupa will not have third party administrators - the company will personally attend to all customer claims settlement.
- Second e-opinions: For a life threatening medical condition.
- Direct servicing: To process all claims directly by an in-house customer services team.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading international healthcare group, we offer health insurance and medical subscription products, run care homes, retirement villages, hospitals, primary care centres and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services.
We have over 22 million customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose.
We employ more than 70,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com.